Christmas Countdown

søndag 28. juni 2015

Sizzix Toppers, Borders and Corners by Brenda Walton



Good Morning
Today I have another dies-set I have got to play with from Sizzix to show you.
I have to warn you; this is a rather pictureheavy post, with measurings for the paperbag I made, and with lots of close up pictures, I hope you'll find it interesting enough to continue reading...

The dies set I got from Sizzix this time is called
This set contains 8 different dies, and was super fun to play with.
I made a paperbag that fitted the size of the dieses.

Here's my finished paperbag:
(You'll find measurements for the paperbag further down in the post)

Backside:

Opened up:


After a little try- and failing I came up with these measurements for the paperbag:
(I used 250g cardstock to make the paperbag)
Cardstock size: 8 1/4" x 10"
Score: 3 1/8", 4 5/8", 7 3/4" and 9 1/4" (it leaves a 3/4" strip to glue the paperbag together)
Score shortside on 1/2" for the bottom part of the bag
This leaves the paperbag 8 1/4" high, but of course it can be cut at the hight you want...

I used papers from G45 on the bag before I attached the top and bottom covers.

Then I covered the bottom part with one of the dies from the set, the scorelines on the die-cut matches the foldings on the bag just perfect:


I covered the top of the bag with anothe dies from the set. 
This one is only attached at the back of the bag, to be able to open the paperbag:

I decorated the part that is attached to the bag the same way as the frontside:

Inside the lid I put on a magnet to keep the bag closed (of course there's a magnet underneath the DP on the bag, as well...)

On the back of the paperbag I used an image from a G45 DP, lined for writing a little greeting or personal message

I think this little charms fitted just perfect for the paperbag

Materials used:
Dies: Sizzix Toppers, Borders and Corners by Brenda Walton (SIZ-660258)
DesignPapers: Authentique Anchored Paper Pad (AU-ANC500)
Charms: Storyteller (ST-008226)
DistressInk WalnutStain (RAN-TIM19534)
Stamp inside the lid on top: G45
Cheesecloth, Seambindingribbon, Twine, Button, Halfpearls
(the numbers inside the parenthesis are Scrapbookengros ordernumbers)

I'll join the following challenges:
Open-Minded Crafting Fun #39 - Vintage
Allsorts #317 - Blue As The Ocean
Wags 'n' Whiskers #157 - More Than One Fold
Fussy and Fancy #142 - Fancy Folds
Simply Create Too #88 - Old, vintage, Shabby Chic
Hobbygarasjen #27 - Alt er lov
Papirlosjen - Alt er lov
Penny's #233 - Anything goes

***
So Long

9 kommentarer:

  1. Such a lovely call, love all the details you share.
    Thanks for sharing in Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge, Good Luck!
    Rebecca, DT

    SvarSlett
  2. Så flott kort du har laget Tusen takk for ditt bidrag i hobbygarasjen.no sin utfordring. Klem Karin Lovise

    SvarSlett
  3. Great creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting Tracy x

    SvarSlett
  4. Fabulous creation with lovely design. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge. Pat K x

    SvarSlett
  5. Beautifully decorated bag. Lovely details/
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'As Blue As The Ocean' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    SvarSlett
  6. Fantastic creation! I love the colours you've used and that cute little sailor boy. :) And that charm is just perfect! Thank you for joining Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

    Hanne, DT

    SvarSlett
  7. Så flott papirpose!Mange fine detaljer.Takk for at du deltar i Papirlosjens sommerutfordring.Klem fra DT Belinda

    SvarSlett
  8. Flott pose med nydelige ark/motiv. Takk for at du deltar på Papirlosjen sin utfordring Alt er lov.
    DT Monica

    SvarSlett