Christmas Countdown

mandag 26. september 2011

Lantern for Halloween

Oh, have I had trouble with this one!
Not the making of it, but with the candle inside. The candle is batteryoperated (clever!), but I couldn't find batteries that worked. They worked for a little while, but as I put the lantern on the table to photograph it, the candle stopped burning. I changed to new batteries three times, but it didn't get any better. So I dropped the whole idea of this candle, and decided to find another. Then, in the evening I walked by the lantern, and there it was; shining so bright and wonderful - and I understood it: of course - something inside the candle makes it burn when it's dark! There wasn't something wrong with neither the batteries, nor the candle!
And it will, of course, not be possible to take pictures of the lantern with the light glowing!
The lantern is made of Bazzill Cardstock (orange and black). I used a MS Punch to make the handle and the decorative border at the bottom. The Image is from Magnolia, coloured with ProMarkers. Behind her I put some black lacefabric.

Anonyme Scrappere has a challenge where they want us to make lanterns, and my lantern is for that challenge.
Luckily I figured out how that candled worked before the challenge closed (with very little margins - LOL)

***

4 kommentarer:

  1. Så utrolig tøff denne ble!!
    Herlige farger og Tilda er bare sååå fin..♥
    ble også veldig lekkert med borden på håndtaket:))

    Ha ei fin uke!
    klem fra Heidi:)

    SvarSlett
  2. Kjempe flott! :)

    Ha en fin dag.

    SvarSlett
  3. WOW, denne ble råtøff :) virkelig perfekt motiv og lykt :) tusen takk for at du deltar hos oss i AS :)
    klem, Anja

    SvarSlett
  4. I would like to thnkx for the efforts you have put in writing this web site. I am hoping the same high-grade web site post from you in the upcoming as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own web site now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a good example of it.

    SvarSlett